Marge Karker Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Michigan Farm Bureau
The Marge Karker Scholarship was established in the late 1960's to honor the former coordinator of the Michigan Farm Bureau Women's Programs. Marge Karker led Farm Bureau members in activities involving citizenship, health, education, legislation, public relations, safety and community betterment projects over a time period between 1944 - 1964. Through her work with these programs, Karker helped to lay the foundation for the Promotion and Education and Young Farmer programming we have today. Karker was a 37-year employee of Michigan Farm Bureau.
1. The student to receive the scholarship must be from a Farm Bureau member family, or if married or 21 years of age or older, have his/her own Farm Bureau membership and be a member in good standing
2. The scholarship will be given to a two or four year or post-graduate student currently enrolled in an agricultural program at Michigan State University
3. This scholarship is available to a student at Michigan State University who has completed one or more years of study
4. This scholarship will be applied directly to the recipients' accounts via the MSU Office of Financial Aid in the semester following the presentation of this award (Spring 2023)
5. The applicant should have a minimum scholastic average, as indicated by Michigan State University Registrar's Office, of a 2.6 on a 4.0 scale. Please submit an official transcript from MSU.
6. The scholarship is a gift, not a loan
7. Two letters of recommendation are required to be submitted at the end of this application.
8. For best results, consider typing your long answer responses into a word document first in order to save your responses in case of technology issues.
9. Application, letters of recommendation and transcript from MSU must be received by Michigan Farm Bureau on or before October 1, 2022.