AGC of Michigan Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by AGC of Michigan Educational Endowment Fund
The AGC of Michigan Educational Endowment Scholarship program has been providing undergraduate scholarships for students pursuing construction management or civil engineering degree at accredited Michigan universities since 1984.
1) Be a college sophomore or junior. (Junior-level applicants must have one full academic year of coursework remaining at the beginning of the fall 2022 term.)
2) Desire a career in the construction industry.
3) Pursue a BS degree-granting program in construction management, civil engineering, or related discipline at a Michigan College or University.
4) Be enrolled full-time (part-time students are not eligible for awards).
Requirements (must complete ALL to be eligible for an award)
1) Applicant must complete the entire application.
2) Applicant is responsible for ensuring that all documents listed below are submitted electronically to email@example.com or mailed to the AGC of Michigan, EEF, 18011 Sherman Rd., Milan, MI 48160 and postmarked by January 31, 2022:
A) Submit a one-page document describing your interest in the construction industry and goals for your future career in construction.
B) Submit one evaluation form from a recent employer. Employer evaluation.
C) Provide an OFFICIAL transcript of college grades.
1) Scholarship amount will be determined each year by the Fund Trustees. A minimum of five (5) $3,500 scholarships will be awarded in 2022.
2) Applications will be reviewed and winners selected by the Board of Trustees of the AGC of MichiganEducational Endowment Fund, which will consider the applicant's interest in construction, grades, extracurricular activities, employment experience, evaluation, and financial status. The trustees reserve the right to interview applicants.
3) The AGC Michigan EEF Scholarship program promotes diversity within the construction industry through the selection of Black/African American, Latinx, Native North American, and Asian/Pacific Islander or female students as recipients of awards annually. Applicants awarded a diversity scholarship must be a female (or identify as such), or have at least one birth parent who is Black/African American, Latinx, Native North American, or Asian/Pacific Islander.
4) Awards will be announced by April 30, 2022. Winners will be notified by mail in May 2022.
5) Checks will be sent directly to the university the student attends in June or July prior to the 2022-2023 school year.