Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest
Scholarship Sponsored by Ayn Rand Institute
Eligibility for Atlas Shrugged
1) 12th Graders, College Undergraduates and Graduate Student
A) No application is required. Contest is open to students worldwide, except where void or prohibited by law. Essays must be written in English only.
B) Entrant must be a 12th-grader, college undergraduate or graduate student. Verification of school enrollment will be required for all winning entrants.
C) To avoid disqualification, mailed-in essays must include a stapled cover sheet with the following information:
1. your name and address;
2. your email address (if available);
3. the name and address of your school;
4. topic selected (#1, 2 or 3 from the "Topics" tab);
5. your current grade level; and
6. (optional) the name of the teacher who assigned the essay if you are completing it for classroom credit.
D) Essay must be no fewer than 800 and no more than 1,600 words in length, double-spaced. Spelling errors and/or written corrections (by anyone) found on the essay will count against the final grade and should be omitted before submission.
E) One entry per student.